This year’s summer camp is shorter. However, it is nearer to the Czech-German border. We are looking forward to invite kids and teenagers, who love to be in wild nature, who are not afraid of foreign languages and who actively want to use their language skills, for example English, no matter how good or bad they might be.
We were stung with remorse to have cancelled last year’s Camp ’22. Some kids shed tears. By winterly intuition we had the idea to set up a camp for this year, which is smaller, but more practical and cheaper, and also …
… we give 100% guarantee that the camp will take place!
No matter how many participants will join, we are going to be there! You can apply to the camp until the last day!
Of course, for the purpose of planning, it makes sense to book earlier, that’s why we grant an early bird discount!
Our beautiful, large garden is in a remote, secluded location out in the countryside near Horažďovice. We have meadows for the tents surrounded by wild forests and rocks. In August, trees hang low from sugar-sweet pears and plums, and about 10 different types of butterflies flap through the air. Everything blooms in full magnificence.
On Thursday, 10th of August, arrival at 12 o’clock
Until Monday, 14th of August, departure from 12 o’clock
(We can make exemptions, discussed via phone)
Important things to know
- we cook vegetarian food only
- we sleep outside in tents and sleeping bags
- we mainly speak English at the camp, but we both know German and Kaya knows Czech, so no child will be lost in translation 😉
- we will be walking a lot, so a suitable condition is needed
We can help with the organisation of carpooling, as soon as we know where you come from. Another good option would be to travel (together) by train, see for example the Bayern-Böhmen-Ticket.
75,- € / 1.800 Kč until 30th of June
this includes activities, meals and camping costs.
Please bring enough pocket money for occasional visits of souvenir shops and ice cream parlours for example at the village fair.
What you will learn
You will learn how it is possible to live more or less self-sufficiently, i.e. in particular:
- drinking water supply from an own well and with spring water
- collecting wild herbs that are edible
- cooking with a witch’s cauldron over a fire, with a wood carburettor stove or a gas stove
- making preserves from our fruits (you take the jams home with you)
- sleeping in a tent is also part of it
- Advantages of a compost toilet
What you are allowed to do
You are welcome to:
- Build tree houses or other things
- help with the gardening
- make firewood
- explore the area within a radius of ~15 min in groups of three or more*
- paint (we have plenty of material and suitable places)
- or just do nothing in the hammock 😉
(* see conditions of participation)
Arrival day: Thursday, 10th of August from 12 noon
- Carpools by car or train arrive on this day in Horažďovice or directly at our garden
- Getting to know each other, cooking
- Tent setup
- Campfire in the evening
- Possible meeting point for carpooling would be e.g. Munich or Regensburg main station, where the RE25 or ALX 355 “Západní expres” / “West-Express” goes to Pilsen. We will help with the organisation if needed.
Friday, 11th August - Getting to know each other day
- 7:30 am Yoga and sport
- 8:30 Breakfast: muesli, oatmeal, tea, fruit …
- Washing up and tidying up
- Short walk to the surrounding places of interest
- Cooking together
- ~13:30 Lunch
- Getting to know each other through games
- Choosing a buddy: each German kid gets a Czech buddy to help with vocabulary and communication.
- 18:30 Dinner
- Storytelling and guitar music by the fire
Saturday, 12th August - Hiking day to the quarry lake
Sunday, 13th August - Village Fair and Celebration
- Morning: artistic activities in the garden, painting, building projects, cooking in, language learning, etc.
- Afternoon: visit a summer fair and celebration in a nearby village (~4 km away), usually with live music, craft stalls and snacks
- later dinner around our usual campfire
Departure day: Monday, 14th of August from 12 noon
- 7:30 am Yoga and sports
- ~ 8:30 breakfast together
- Tidying up and packing
- Around noon, joint closing circle with games and singing
Note: The programme is weather-dependent and flexible. Spontaneous ideas are welcome. Not every detail has been mentioned above.
We welcome personal applications via telephone (preferably Sat – Mon), e-mail or letter post.
(+49) 1512 377 17 51
(+420) 775 547 697
Important: Please add our e-mail address as a contact so that e-mails do not end up in spam.
By registering and participating, you confirm that you have read and accepted the conditions of participation.
Please send letter post to:Wolfsky Tabor
Zikmunda Wintra 21, vchod B
301 00 Plzeň
You will receive a packing list via email after registration. The formation of carpools will be arranged after contacting us.